Laura Thieme is a digital, ecommerce marketing & customer acquisition expert who has worked for consumer brands including TOMS, SpaFinder, Collin Street Bakery, Burt’s Bees, Urban Remedy, Levenger and MicroCenter as well as numerous SMBs. Laura is a subject matter expert on ecommerce, customer acquisition & digital marketing. She has spoken at over 60 global conferences on how to measure and optimize all forms of digital and ecommerce KPIs. She developed and taught MKTG 754, a digital marketing course, at Ohio State’s Fisher College of Business. She has served as an expert witness for SEO on trademark infringement. She is currently a GLG Council Member, consulting investors on a variety of ecommerce and analytics related matters.
Working for numerous ecommerce brands, as a consultant, Laura has owned all ecommerce and digital strategy, reporting directly to the VP of Marketing and/or C-level executives. She has repeatedly and consistently achieved high growth expectations within a short period of time. While at Bizresearch, she successfully developed and launched the customer acquisition strategy for Urban Remedy, TOMS, MicroCenter and most recently, the Amazon ad campaigns for Collin Street’s gourmet food and gift campaigns.
Some of her highlights:
- Increased YOY revenue by 100% in < 90 days through new channels
- Increased e-commerce conversion rates by 23%
- Increased customer average order by 47%
- Decreased gourmet food delivery retailer’s opt-out email rate by 96%
- Grew email channel revenue by 121%
- Optimized retailer’s Amazon ads, achieving an average cost per sale of 6%
- Built numerous ecommerce & lead-gen sites within the past two years
- Managed in-house team, agency partners, contractors and off-shore developers
Guest Lecturer at The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business
Thieme proposed, developed and re-introduced a challenge marketing course 754, for the business school. Marketing 754 addressed the need for training search marketing & social media analytics. Thieme developed the syllabus and taught 50+ undergraduates, many of whom went onto a successful career in digital marketing, or have since started their own companies.
Bizresearch Clients have included:
TOMS, SpaFinder Magazine, MicroElectronics (MicroCenter), M/I Homes, Carrington College (subsidiary of DeVry), Bozzuto Group (Homes & Apartments), Collin Street Bakery, CRE Rentals, K1 Speed, Levenger, PetSupplies4Less, and numerous small to mid-sized business.
Public Speaker at 60+ Global Industry Conferences Since 2001
Thieme has spoken at over 60 search marketing conferences, as an invited paid speaker, as well as a speaker who pitches and is accepted by industry peers. Search marketing conferences include SES, SMX and many smaller industry events like SEMPO. Conferences have been located in New York City, Chicago, San Jose, Dallas, San Diego, Stockholm, Sweden, London, Britain, and Toronto, Canada.
SMX (SearchMarketingExpo) Conference Presenter
Speaker Bio for SMX
- Customer acquisition & lead generation
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- 10+ years Google AdWords, certified
- 19 years SEO
- 8 years social media (5 years paid social)
- 8 years email marketing
- Public speaking
- Ecommerce marketing (Magento)
- SEO audits
- PPC audits
- Customer acquisition audits
- YouTube videos
- WordPress and other forms of CMS tools (Magento)
- Google Drive/Docs/Sheets
- Expert witness involving trademark and metatags (included deposition)
- Web development
- Software development (Java platform)
- Project management
- Software spec & design (Java, PHP, HTML5)
Articles Published About Bizresearch & Laura Thieme:
New York Times, NY Daily Post, Business First Columbus, The Columbus Dispatch and other trade journals – various articles over 19 years in business.
Top 25 Most Influential PPC Experts
Top 100 Most Influential Marketers