Laura Thieme is a digital, ecommerce marketing & customer acquisition expert who has worked for consumer brands including TOMS, SpaFinder, Collin Street Bakery, Burt’s Bees, Urban Remedy, Levenger and MicroCenter as well as numerous SMBs. Laura is a subject matter expert on ecommerce, customer acquisition & digital marketing. She has spoken at over 60 global conferences on how to measure and optimize all forms of digital and ecommerce KPIs. She developed and taught MKTG 754, a digital marketing course, at Ohio State’s Fisher College of Business. She has served as an expert witness for SEO on trademark infringement. She is currently a GLG Council Member, consulting investors on a variety of ecommerce and analytics related matters.
Working for numerous ecommerce brands, as a consultant, Laura has owned all ecommerce and digital strategy, reporting directly to the VP of Marketing and/or C-level executives. She has repeatedly and consistently achieved high growth expectations within a short period of time. While at Bizresearch, she successfully developed and launched the customer acquisition strategy for Urban Remedy, TOMS, MicroCenter and most recently, the Amazon ad campaigns for Collin Street’s gourmet food and gift campaigns.
Some of her highlights:
- Increased YOY revenue by 100% in < 90 days through new channels
- Increased e-commerce conversion rates by 23%
- Increased customer average order by 47%
- Decreased gourmet food delivery retailer’s opt-out email rate by 96%
- Grew email channel revenue by 121%
- Optimized retailer’s Amazon ads, achieving an average cost per sale of 6%
- Built numerous ecommerce & lead-gen sites within the past two years
- Managed in-house team, agency partners, contractors and off-shore developers